Skip to content

New elementary school coming to Herriman

April 19, 2012

5600 West, just south of the splash pad

The Jordan School District Board of Education approved a new elementary school in Herriman City at approximately 14000 South and 5600 West/Rosecrest Road.  The board recommended this location for several reasons.  From a transportation perspective, this school will service students that are relatively close to the school.  It is anticipated that most of the students will be within walking distance of the elementary school.  Direct road access to the school site from nearby housing developments will facilitate safe walking routes.  This school will help to off-load some of the pressure experienced in other schools, reducing the need for portables.  It is anticipated that this school will be open year round and should open in July of 2014.

About these ads
10 Comments leave one →
  1. Calin Hess permalink
    April 28, 2012 8:56 am

Hey Mike I was wondering what the large construction north of 126th is going to be. They’ve made a lot of progress on it during the past month and it’s kept me interested. I was just wondering if you knew what had been planned since you seem to be the best source of news in the area. Thanks.

• April 28, 2012 7:50 pm

Calin,

There will be a new middle school at that location open for school in 2013. Thanks for following the blog!

2. Jeff permalink
    May 25, 2012 7:53 pm

Mike,

Are there any links to proposed Boundaries for this new school yet?

• May 29, 2012 7:41 pm

Jeff,

I do not know the boundaries at this point, but when we get more information I will make it available.

• Jeff permalink
        March 13, 2013 5:17 pm

I have not seen any land leveling or work being done on the area. Is it still anticipated to be done for the 2014 school year? Also do we know if this will be a one or two story elementary school?
        Thanks

• March 15, 2013 7:25 am

Jeff,

The new school will have a three way stop at that location – the 3 way intersection of Mirabella & Rosecrest Blvd. – prior to school starting July of 2014.

As to the construction of the school – This new elementary school will be very similar in construction to Silvercrest Elementary, a two story structure.

Great question!

Thanks for reading the blog!

3. March 18, 2013 11:33 am

Why don’t they just take a couple hundred kids from each elementary school and then they could all go traditional.

• April 22, 2013 2:56 pm

I do not know the specifics to your question but have forwarded your concern along proper channels to the Jordan School District board. When I get a response, I will post.

Thanks!

4. Keysha permalink
    May 5, 2013 8:55 pm

Has any boundary information been made available for the new school as to date??

5. Nick Naccarato permalink
    May 11, 2013 2:04 pm

Thanks for taking my view of the valley away with a two story building. You just decreased the value of my house by $10,000!!!!!